Friday, 29 January 2016
Though she is just a side character, I feel that I can push her texture slightly. I've added some freckles to her face, painted eyelashes and added pattern to her plain dress. I quite like the outcome of this.
I've also added texture to her to give some shadings and her lips too. She looks more alive with the changes. Like the main character, I will be added the rim light shader to her textures to lift up her overall looks.
Thursday, 28 January 2016
One of my goals to improve when I go inti Major Project is to improve my textures. Here I have improved the eye texture and plugged in the Front Tint Texture into a diffuse map which produces the kind of purple lips I was aiming for.
Wednesday, 27 January 2016
I didn't realise setting the IKFK switch was that difficult because of the controls I already have but I managed to solve all the problems. However, there's a popping on the right arm (as shown in the video) when I control it with my FK switch. The left arm is working fine. Update: Issue has been resolved.
Monday, 25 January 2016
I've managed to get the widgets working on this other model and made sure it is in the correct groups etc. I've got a couple of questions since the way I set it up is different from the tutorial. Where do I place the elbow locator to? I tried to do a point constrain to the shoulder locator but it isn't following. Also, since there is no tracker, how do I set up the blendshapes? Do I set driven key to the Shoulder Locator?
Sunday, 24 January 2016
Monday, 18 January 2016
Tuesday, 12 January 2016
All in all, I am satisfied with what I've set myself to achieve by the end of the minor project but I am quite disappointed at myself for not managing my time well enough. This is evident in my work as I was not able complete a polished animatic and corrective blendshapes for my characters. If I had done so, I would have gone into the major project with characters ready for animation.
Things to complete:
- Tweak the animatic by adjusting certain scenes to make sure that the story reads clearly
- Slight improvement to the textures (Eyes of both characters & Highlights to girl's hair)
- Set up FK/IK Switch for the arms.
- Model the remaining props for the environment
- Completed Corrective Blendshapes
- Characters with completed rigs