Sunday 23 March 2014

Introduction to Skinning: Smooth Bind (Creating Joints & Edit Weights)

Here is the first part of the skinning tutorial.
Setting Up The Joints By Using The Locators as Guidance
Binding The Joints With The Arm Using Smooth Binding
I've done an extreme finger positions to show that I have used the component editor to clean up the weights affecting the specific areas of the hand.
Using the Component Editor To Clean Up The Weights
After The Wrist Weight Clean Up
After The Elbow Weight Clean Up
Initially, I found out that this whole process is confusing as I was just following the video and not understanding what I was doing. So, I did this tutorial again and I think I am slowly getting it. More practise is needed and I might apply this concept in my current project.

No comments:

Post a Comment