Wednesday 8 January 2014

Character Design Lesson 1

In today's Character Design class, we were introduced to how different factors affect our decision to categorize a certain type of Character Archetypes. Colours, Body Languages, Shapes are a few factors that contributes to what type of character it is. Be it a Hero, Villian, Side Kick etc.

To kick off the activity, we were instructed to bring our favourite character and I have chosen the famous yellow sponge living in a pineapple under the sea- Spongebob Squarepants.

We were told to draw the character given in the style of the character we brought in. The character I got was Roger Rabbit.




My first drawing had too much of Spongebob when I should have more of Roger Rabbit and my second attempt at this produced a better result.



For the second exercise, my new given character was Tigger. We had to do the exact opposite of the first exercise.



In my first drawing, there were to much of Spongebob's personality so I toned it down a little with the second drawing.


Overall, I truly enjoyed drawing these characters as I begin to understand the different personality and styles of each character. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment